Wednesday 7 August 2013

That moment when you get on the scales after your summer holiday...

So I went to weigh in this morning after the better part of 2 weeks since my last class, with my 6 day camping holiday in the middle of that.  It's safe to say that I didn't hold back when it came to food and drink on my holiday, and correspondingly I gained 5lb at the scales this morning.

In times past, a gain of 5lb would have been cause for abject misery, and a trigger for severe depression, very likely culminating in falling off the wagon completely.  In common with many other things about my weight loss journey, this time I'm trying to do this differently.  This time, I weighed in, looked at the number, looked at Karen (the lady who weighed me) and giggled - and she giggled with me.  I thoroughly deserved the gain, I thoroughly enjoyed what I did to get it, and I don't feel remotely bad about it.  5lb will come back off very quickly indeed.

I think this is a key point really, so it bears saying again.  It is not the end of the world if I have a gain, so long as I know why it happened and I had fun doing it!  Needless to say, there are times when I gain and I know why, but I didn't necessarily enjoy it, perhaps for medical reasons or some other good cause - and that's OK too.  It beats the hell out of those weeks where I have a gain for no good reason at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment