Saturday 13 July 2013

It's only a biscuit, how bad can it be?

You just know there's a story coming here, don't you?

After my Body Combat class this morning, my lovely husband took me shopping for some summer clothes (since my wardrobe was a bit light on summer items), and then we went for lunch afterwards in Costa Coffee.  It was nearby, not very busy and heavily air-conditioned.  This afternoon the latter was a prime concern!

Starting today I had a lot of my weekly points still remaining so decided I could push the boat out a little bit.  I chose an iced coffee, a panini and a bag of crisps (26 in total), and then decided that I wanted something sweet.  Checking out the goodies by the till, I spotted something that amused me - giant custard creams/bourbon creams!  They looked to be about 2, maybe 3 times the size of a standard one.  Fair enough, I thought - that's probably somewhere in the region of 6 points.  It's only a biscuit, how bad can it be?

When I got home, I checked it out.  What I had estimated at 6 points, in fact came in at an eye-watering 12 points.   What can I say, you live and learn!

I now have 3 of my weekly points remaining and 3 days to go before weigh in.  So far I have 17 activity points accrued, but as ever I prefer not to use them unless I have to.  Plenty of fruit, salad and good behaviour on the horizon, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment