Tuesday 24 January 2012

Staggering Inspiration

So, while minding my own business on the sofa last night, half watching 'The West Wing' and half doing battle with my latest piece of knitting, I received a text message from the lovely Gladys.  Gladys has her weigh in on a Monday night and always texts me to tell me how she's done.  She's had a bit of a tricky few weeks since the new year and her weight hasn't really shifted in a positive direction - she was starting to think she'd hit a plateau.  Apparently not, since last night she recorded a loss of 6lb!  In my surprise, what I sent in reply was decidedly post-watershed!  I'm so, so proud of her - and of course it provides me with even more inspiration.  I told her at lunchtime that I felt as though I should rub the top of her head for luck before my weigh in tomorrow!

Ah yes, weigh in tomorrow.  Watch this space!  As of this minute, my totals for the week are good.  I've used all of my 49 'weekly' points (but not gone over), today I came in 1 point under my daily allowance for the first time this week, and I've recorded 13 activity points, which I haven't used any of.  So for the week as a whole I am 14 points 'in the black'.  First week back or otherwise, considering the number of weeks in the past where I've finished with my balance in the red, this is a major achievement.

So - until tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment